Norfolk Island offers a family holiday destination packed with excitement, fun, adventure, indulgence, surprise and relaxation for all the family to enjoy. The vivid green valleys of pine and rainforest on a background of crystal clear blue ocean highlights the natural beauty of Norfolk Island while the Islands language, time honoured traditions and the remnants of a past penal settlement reflect a dramatic history. Norfolk Island offers a free range experience with a gentle pace, fresh home grown food, friendly locals, intriguing stories and wonderful quirkiness.
Embark on a unique family holiday and reclaim time for your family and connect through a wealth of activities and experiences. Norfolk Island is a getaway where kids can be as young as they want to be and parents can take a mental break from busy life. Meet other holiday makers, engage with the locals or simply absorb yourselves as a family and enjoy quality time together.
Measuring only 8km x 5km Norfolk Island will become your holiday ‘backyard’. Stunning swimming beaches and majestic coastlines contrast lush rainforests and bushland set on a backdrop of dramatic history and unique culture. Here you can swim, snorkel, walk, cycle, tour, experience, learn, shop, eat and still have time to relax.
Your family will relax in a small community environment and take the opportunity to spend time together, playing together, exploring together, eating together and learning together.
10 Family things to do.
1. Have a game of mini golf!
2. Swimming and snorkelling in Emily and Slaughter Bays.
3. “Get lost” in the hedge maze.
4. Feed Mr Blue Boy at the Blue Bull café.
5. Have your photo taken in the majestic Moreton Bay fig trees.
6. Learn about our amazing history at the NI Museums. School kids are free.
7. Have fun at the Lion’s Club playground.
8. Experience the “Wonderland by night”
9. Feed the geese and chooks at the watermill dam.
10. Visit the Walk in the wild and learn about the flora and fauna.